At Tedder School we promote British Values through the following provision
- We elect a School Council
- We give termly pupil questionnaires to give pupils a voice.
- We elect House Captains
- We vote for daily activities within the classroom
- We celebrate democracy i.e. visiting Lincoln Cathedral to receive the Magna Carta
- We celebrate the armed forces who act within the law to uphold democracy.
Rule of Law
- We have clear School Rules
- We have Classroom Charters
- We operate a policy of choice with consequence, which teaches responsibility.
- We discuss the concept that English law is sometimes above religious law.
- We encourage the children to recognise other signs and laws in their communities.
- We celebrate individual responsible choices in classrooms.
- We encourage children to choose how they would like to present their learning.
- We give children choices about lunch menus, after school clubs and golden time activities.
- We give children choices about wet play activities ensuring that there is opportunity for all to enjoy their time.
- We celebrate children’s achievement in all areas through assemblies.
- We celebrate with Good as Gold assemblies with a different Smart Focus to value achievement by all.
- We promote the ethos of mutual respect through our core values
- We encourage good manners and children are to treat others as they would wish to be treated.
- We support charity events such as Children in Need, Comic Relief and Camo Day to show our support for the community as a whole.
- We encourage visitors to our school who can broaden the experiences for the children in all areas.
- We have Playground Buddies who ensure that we operate a policy of tolerance for all.
Respect for Other Faiths
- We have a balanced approach to RE following the locally agreed syllabus.
- Children learn about all faiths within that syllabus.
- We have assemblies which are broadly Christian and also discuss real life issues which the children will experience.
- We celebrate other religions with themed days and have visitors into school to provide further experiences.