Learning Support Assistant - SEND 1:1 Support KS1
Salary: Grade G3 (Point 6-9): £18,065-£19,171 pro rata
Hourly rate: £10.66 (Point 6)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Appointment Type: Term-time
Position for Year 2 child
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Term: Fixed term until child leaves school or Educational Healthcare Plan funding ceases.
Contract Type: Term Time (38 weeks) plus 5 INSET days
Hours of Work: hours a week (8.45 to 12.15 – 1.15 -3.15) Monday to Friday 27hrs 30 mins.
Are you the person we are looking for to join our team?
Are you passionate about learning?
Are you open to continuously improving your practice in line with the most up to date research?
Do you believe that the best teaching has the power to transform children’s lives?
If you have answered yes to all of the above, then we would love to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity for a 1:1 Teaching Assistant has arisen, at Tedder County Primary, to support a child in Year 2 on the Autistic Spectrum with an EHCP.
- Have experience in a school setting
- Have experience and knowledge of ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- Be patient, caring, supportive and flexible.
- Be reflective and analytical.
- Be able to build relationships effectively.
- Make learning fun.
- Be able to work on specific support programmes as directed.
- Be willing to learn about the child’s individual learning plan.
- Work well as part of a team and make an invaluable contribution to the school.
- Be willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom.
Ideally, our candidates will have the following qualifications, or will have previous experience of working with children with autism.
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or equivalent
- Have English and Maths GCSE.
We can offer:
- A supportive, dedicated team.
- Excellent strategies for dealing with autism.
- Exciting CPD opportunities.
- Strong governance.
- Supportive parents.
To obtain an application form and job description please go to our website. Completed applications to be submitted electronically to Alison.email@example.com.
Closing Date for completed applications: Friday 20th November 2020
Tedder C P School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Due to current restrictions in place due to Covid-19, there may be some delay in interviews being undertaken. When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly. When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health/NHS Guidelines.