Teaching Assistant - 2 vacancies
Salary: Grade G3 (Point 6-9): £18,065-£19,171 pro rata
Hourly rate: £10.66 (Point 6)
Contract Type: Temporary
Appointment Type: Term-time
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Term: 1 Year depending on needs of the school
Contract Type: Term Time (38 weeks) plus 5 INSET days
Hours of Work: hours a week (9.00 - 12.15) Monday to Friday 16hrs 15 mins.
2 x Teaching Assistant – TA1
16.15 hours (16 hours + 15 mins)
Monday – Friday 9.00am – 12.15pm
Tedder C P School is a small friendly and outstanding school, situated on Digby Forces Camp to the south of Lincoln.
We are looking for 2 outstanding Teaching Assistants to join our friendly team. Post 1 is for the Foundation Stage/Year 1 Class and Post 2 for a KS2 class of Year 5/6. These roles would allow the right candidates to build on their existing knowledge and skills whilst being able to flourish in a progressive and caring school. Candidates will need experience in a school environment. In the lower school, the post will be largely to support 2 children who have additional needs and post 2 in the upper school, will be to largely support a pupil on the Autistic Spectrum.
The posts are initially for 1 year depending upon the needs of the school and are to start asap.
The successful candidate will:-
- Have Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Have excellent communication skills and be approachable for all children and staff
- Have experience of the Foundation / KS1 Stage/ Key Stage 2 dependent on role.
- Be confident in their ability to move children forward with their learning
- Be able to conduct small group work to develop understanding
- Support the ethos and values of our school
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and able to use their initiative
- Be a team player with a sense of humour
- Be prepared to go the extra mile
- Be able to create rich and wonderful learning environments, both inside and out
- Have experience of relevant aspects such as Phonics, learning through play, phonics screening and Key Stage 1 and 2 SATs. This experience will obviously be relevant to post applied for.
We can offer:-
- A friendly team of supportive and talented colleagues
- A small rural community with a lovely atmosphere
- Well behaved children who are keen to learn
- Opportunities to develop your strengths and skills.
To obtain an application form and job description please go to our website. Completed applications to be submitted electronically to Alison.email@example.com.
Closing Date for completed applications: Closing date 30th March 2021.
Tedder C P School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Due to current restrictions in place due to Covid-19, there may be some delay in interviews being undertaken. When interviews do take place the school will contact you directly. When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health/NHS Guidelines.